Thursday, December 29, 2011

Hands

My momma said if he holds your purse,
snap him up while you can,
because it's a sure fire thing,
he's not afraid to hold a hand.


That's the guy you'll be with,
forever and till the end,
and he'll never let go,
of that little hand.


And when that hand is ready,
on it he'll put a ring,
then he'll take the other hand,
and tell you you're the prettest thing,


And with that other hand,
he'll hold his baby girl,
and cry as she takes his,
as her fingers begin to curl.


He'll hold on tight,
to his two best girls until the very end,
when he lets go of the hand of his little girl,
and place it in her man's. 


This poem was written about my friend cause he carried my friend's purse at the mall. We made fun of him and when I got home I told my mom and then she said exactly what was in the poem. I submitted this poem into a national poetry contest and I made it to the finals for a $1000 prize, but unfortunately I didn't win but I did get editors choice. :/ Just a little certificate! lol but enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment