Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Death of Romance

I think I've gone completely crazy with the people in this time period. I'd rather be in Edwardian, or Regecy era. People look at me like I'm fucking crazy when I say this but... where's the romance gone in this world? Now a days if you love someone, you email, facebook, text, or twitter it to them. If you want to show someone you care you leave them a cute picture on their wall, with a truth is. Where the hell did the heart squeazing, girly squealing, can't keep a smile off you face love? Has it gone from the world? What happened to the long handwritten, spritzed with a gentle smell of your perfume love letters so eagerly written. I often sometimes wonder how people even know how to use a pencil anymore?! No longer are there ballrooms, or balls anymore. Reading these books, the ballroom is when people fell in love. Could you imagine? Seeing someone from afar, across the dance floor, his or her eyes connecting with yours, and that sudden, light headed, dizzy rush you got. The light of the candles making shadows on their face as they looked down, embarrassed to be caught looking at you, and then that wild feeling you got when you/her walked over to the girl and asked her to dance, heavens, just the touch of each other's hands THROUGH GLOVES I might add, made your heart squeeze with affection and love. Now a days people have sex in the back of a car.... Where's the class? The love, the romance? Is it gone cause I haven't seen any! How is it possible that Jane Austen, who was never married, wrote the greatest romance novels of all time? Because the romance was all around her. She could walk into a garden and see a rose and dream of the gentleman that would one day give that rose to the woman he loved. Now a days we have to wait in the Grocery store lines to get flowers to buy for someone. I'm fully convinced that with the death of the eras, romance died too.

No comments:

Post a Comment