Saturday, March 31, 2012

1. Money Problems

Right now in the United States, everyone is having money problems... but we've had money problems ever since I was really little. And you can't blame anyone really, my mom has bad back problems and can't work, and my dad's not in my life, though he pays child support, but that's like 600 bucks a month... like not much when we have to pay rent, and bills. I don't get to do a lot of things the other kids can do, and it's embarrassing so I sometimes have to lie... and be like, I can't go my brother's coming home, or my mom and I were going to go shopping or something stupid like that. I feel guilty when I ask my mom for things, like books or money for things because I know it's not there and I feel guilty when I do get something because I know that my mom has given something up for me to have this. I've wanted to get a job, but I'm sick, I can't drive, and older people can't even find jobs? I mean who would you hire? a 16 year old girl with no working skills what so ever, or a person who has kids, needs the money really bad, and has experience. I just feel horrible all the time because I worry about money. What really makes me sad... is that there are people out there A LOT worse then me, and I feel horrible because I get upset that I can't buy a book, or I can't shop at the mall instead of thrift stores, or I have to eat the same thing all week because it's cheaper than buying all different things. I have friends that will take me places and buy me things, and I feel horrible because I know that I can never repay them back. I could never buy them stuff like they buy me. I just feel so horrible. I feel like I'm greedy and a bad person because I get upset about all of this. I know I have a good life (sort of) but, you still always wish for something that we can't have... isn't that natural?

No comments:

Post a Comment